Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is asking for marriage advice today.
Since tomorrow is Goose and I's anniversary, I thought it was fitting to participate.
There are a million things I have learned about marriage over the past 7 years, but I definitely don't feel like an expert...
I guess the biggest piece of advice I can give is to try to be each other's biggest fan. Someone gave me this advice and it is something I still struggle with. It is always easier to focus on flaws... to dwell on everything your spouse isn't.
Everyone wants to feel appreciated.
Make a point to build up your significant other, not tear them down. You will be amazed at how much someone's attitude can change when they feel appreciated and important. :)
And because I haven't been the most appreciative wife over the last few weeks, I figure I'll take some time now to remedy that with...
10 Random Things I Love about Goose:
10. The fact that you love books as much as I do... once you start reading a good book you have to finish it.
9. Your courtesy laugh... you have the best courtesy laugh I have ever heard. Even if someone is telling the lamest jokes ever, you make them feel like they are starring on def comedy jam.
8. Your real laugh (not nearly as common). You laugh just like your dad with your head tilted back... it cracks me up :)
7. How frustrated you get when I break yet another phone/laptop/camera etc... yet you always fix or replace them for me.
6. You think passing gas is just the most hilarious thing in the world... and you have passed this sentiment on to our three boys (thanks for that).
5. It is extremely difficult for you to take a nice picture... which is why the majority of our pictures turn out like this:
4. Whenever you dress the boys, they are completely mis-matched... and you don't even realize it.
3. Because you read about 45 different websites a day, you are always up-to-date with the latest news (and celebrity gossip... ha!).
2. You drink your coffee black... no frills, no fuss... also the fact that you are Mr.McFrugle on everything else, yet you will spend 20 bucks on Dunkin Donuts coffee cause it's the "best."
1. No matter how many times I have changed my mind... regarding schools, majors, dreams, (hair do's)... you always support me, no matter how
crazy unconventional my ideas are.
There are a million other things (like the fact that you are an incredibly hard working husband and a fantastic daddy to our boys) but I would just like to say,
Even though I was only 18 when we met and we only dated 8 months before we got engaged (and everyone thought we were nuts!)... and with everything we have been through together: good times, hard times, crazy times...
I can honestly say you are and will always be, the best thing that's ever happened to me :)
Love, Love, Love!
Happy Friday y'all!
It's also my birthday... my ba,ba,ba, biiiiiirthday today... 27 years OLD! Excited to see where my darling hubby is taking me tonight :)